Tuesday 14 January 2014

Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede - Review

Hello everyone! At the weekend I went to my local superdrug store in the hunt for a red lipstick. I'm not normally one for a bold lip but I really want to try and rock the red. I found these Revlon ColorStay lips colours in Finale (095) and Socialite (025) which brings me onto the review...
The Revlon website states that this range of lip colours has a "velvety soft formula with moisturising shea butter and aloe is food proof and doesn't quit." I would 100% agree with this. When applied the lip colours look slightly sheer but they soon dry to matte, without drying your lips out. I wore the red shade for a full day on Sunday and only felt the need to re apply once, somewhat of a novelty for such a brightly pigmented lip shade. I also didn't feel that it was going to smudge all over my face or, even worse, onto my teeth, which for someone who has a genuine fear of bold lip colours is a welcome surprise! Bravo Revlon, Bravo. 
Please note the swatches do look a lot brighter in real life than they do on this picture, sorry!

This range of Revlon lip sticks (and the Revlon Lip Butters) are currently reduced from £8.99 to only £5, both online and in Superdrug Stores. Superdrug are also offering free delivery on orders over £10, so why not treat yourself to a little mid week pick me up! 
Thanks for reading! 

22 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Follow the link to accept and answer your 11 questions :)
    http://basicallykellyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek thank you for nominating me Kelly! x

      Delete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog, it's lovely! Hope you can follow back on bloglovin :-)

    x

    fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I followed you back :) Lucy x

      Delete
  3. Evening!
    I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    Check out my blog to see the rules and questions
    Good luck
    x

    fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. On superdrug buying these now... Oops all down to you Lucy haha! Btw you can rock that red lip weehaay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it Kieren, such a good deal!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review, might have to try this now :)

    www.hellojennyho.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend them, such a lovely product :) x

      Delete
  6. I like really bold red colors but am also afraid of getting the color on my teeth. These colors are a bit light for my taste, but they have darker shades so I'll give it a try since I already own Revlon's Just Bitten and some other stains and know Revlon is pretty good.

    Sincerely, Christine from Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly with this formula you won't even have to worry about getting it on your teeth, I think I will also be investing in some darker shades! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog :) Lucy x

      Delete
  7. Holla, i nominated you too woohoo!
    http://fairydalesx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/two-liebster-awards.html
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I love your post.
    I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    Check out my blog to see the rules and questions
    Emi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I actually just made the post and didn't realise you'd tagged me :( x

      Delete
  9. Ooo I just got the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Iconic (I think it is??) and it applies so well!! One of my new favourites FOR. SURE. :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks like a gorgeous colour, I may have to invest in another one! x

      Delete
  10. they look gorgeous! lovely review :) x
    catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I haven't seen these before! they look amazing!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing, such a lovely formula! x

      Delete