Thursday 19 June 2014

Top 5 favourite books

I consider myself somewhat of a bookworm, I love the feeling of getting sucked into a good book and getting totally consumed in a jumble of words. In celebration of The Fault in Our Stars movie being released today in the UK I thought I would show you 5 of my all time favourite books. In no particular order....

One Million Lovely Letters

This is the most recent addition to my pile, I discovered it from one of my favorutie youtubers carrie fletcher. This book is pretty different to anything I've read before, in short this is a collection of stories and memoirs of Jodi's life. Jodi set up and runs the amazing project that is "One Million Lovely Letters" I'd never heard of this before but after reading the book I will be following the project from here on in. An incredibly inspiring read that has influenced me a lot in a short space of time.

The Fault in Our Stars

I'm sure that everyone will have heard of this book, I actually read it soon after it came out 2 years ago, before all of the hype. I instantly fell in love and have proceeded to re read it multiple times ever since. I have a habit of associating certain things with moments/times in my life (songs, smells, items of clothing, lipsticks... you name it), and this book, in my mind, is associated with a particularly happy time. I am SO excited for the movie to come out and I recommend everyone to read this book if you haven't already!

It's Kind of a Funny Story

I actually saw the film of this before I read the book, the biggest crime of them all am I right?! But seriously, in my opinion this is one of the most underrated books of all time, it has such a great storyline, fantastic characters and has the ability to make you both laugh and cry which makes it an all round winner for me.

The Catcher in the Rye

My list wouldn't be complete without a classic novel. This year I did combined english A level, there were parts of this course that I hated and parts that I loved, reading this book was, for me, the most enjoyable (all the food Miss Ames fed us was also a highlight). I'd actually already read it a few years ago but didn't full understand it so learning everything about it from my teachers, and everyone else in the class (Maisie and Sam mostly... thanks for your knowledge guys!) was so enjoyable. I strongly suggests that everyone reads this book once in their lifetime, particularly if you're in the tricky part of growing up where you're not sure if you're an adult or a child... very confusing and slightly disheartening at times.

Grow Up

This was the first book I purchased on my kindle and I instantly fell in love with it, Grow Up is a book about a fairly normal boy who believes his step dad is a murderer. Despite contending with a serious subject the book is hilarious, it's such an easy read and definitely underrated.

I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer post, I certainly enjoyed writing it and would love to know what your favourite books are?!

4 comments:

  1. Many people swoon over TFIOS but I get bored at the beginning of the book so I didn't get the chance to finish it... But I'd love to check all these other books out!

    themiasalazar | The Suburb Scenes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely here, I think the first time I read it I was so amazed as I'd never read anything of that style before, if I were to read it now I think I would believe it to be over rated and very stereotypical, definitely give the other books a try though! Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I read TFIOS and thought it was good, and I am very excited to watch the film! Will definitely have to read some of those other books too! x

    whatlucylov3s.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Give them a go, I'm sure you will love them! Lucy x

      Delete